St Andrew's Church is a baroque-style Orthodox church built in the mid-18th century in Kiev, the capital of Ukraine. It is at the beginning of Andreas Slope, one of the oldest streets in Kiev. The building, one of the symbols of Kiev, was built between 1749 and 1754 by the order of the Russian empress Yelizaveta who visited the city in 1744. Its architect is Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli of Italian origin. It takes its name from Andrew, one of the twelve apostles of Jesus.